14 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Are you passionate about helping to foster a positive and welcoming environment? Do you find a sense of purpose in providing exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders? Are you looking for a fast-paced and fun role that offers opportunities for growth? If so, Age of Learning’s open Receptionist/Administrative Assistant may be the perfect job for you!
We are currently looking for a talented Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join our Facilities team. We are seeking an individual that is positive, energetic, motivated, and a reliable team player. This individual must be someone who will be proactive in managing their duties, have a good sense of prioritization, and an independent problem solver . Our Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position is a full-time in-office role and would be the first point of contact for our external guests as well as our internal workforce .
- Act as the main point of contact at Age of Learning’s front desk and create a welcoming environment for all guests and employees
- Will need to be knowledgeable of the physical layout of our office in order to provide directional assistance to staff and guests, help uphold all COVID requirements as they relate to all in-office operations, and also respond to staff questions both in person and in a remote capacity
- Assist in COVID related management tasks
- Must be comfortable working in our Glendale office, abiding by all COVID related requirements, and assisting with all in-office facilities related responsibilities as they pertain to both our in-office workforce as well as ourremote employees
- Responsible for answering all inquiries, from both external and internal parties, with confidence
- Manage effective communication with grace and poise including but not limited to; screening phone calls, redirecting calls to the appropriate parties, taking detailed messages, and appropriately communicating via email
- Coordinates daily calendars of executive staff that include communication with external partners and internal staff on an as-needed basis
- Manage conference room calendars and help coordinate and set up and breakdown meetings
- Assist in company activities and events
- Be punctual and reliable on a consistent basis, with a high sense of urgency
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Communicate with building staff effectively and act knowledgeably on building standards
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail including processing shipping and courier requests
- Assist our Facilities and HR teams in onboarding and offboarding processes
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Clerical, secretarial, or office experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Zoom, etc.)
- Working knowledge of general office equipment, such as phones, copiers, and scanners
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize
- Flexible, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take on new tasks as required
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment