Realm Royale - Advanced Gameplay Programmer
8 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an experienced Advanced Gameplay Programmer to join our Heroic Leap team either at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia or full-time remote.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, & Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new online game projects!
What our Advanced Programmers do:
- Work closely with the Lead Programmer to extend and maintain the code base to produce high-quality, efficient code and systems
- Design and architect new game enhancements and implement bug fixes in Unreal Engine
- Design and architect other client or server systems outside of Unreal
- Work closely with both the design team and the art team to assist with the development of game content
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code for both PC and Console
- Play an integral role in code review and evaluation of architecture decisions
Who we are looking for:
- Exceptional C/C++ design and programming skills
- Proficiency in 3D math and Linear algebra
- 7+ years of experience with programming for video games, with shipped PC/Console titles
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, CE or EE) or equivalent experience through professional game development, indie projects, or mods
- Experience leading or mentoring less experienced programmers
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Team-oriented, but self-motivated
- Passion for games
Preferred candidate has:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Familiarity with Jira
- Perforce or similar source control experience
- Experience working on games in a client/server environment