Reallusion CC3 3D Character Artist
18 days ago
In this volunteer position we are looking for someone who is skilled with using Reallusion's Character Creator 3 (CC3) for creating realistic 3D Character Body, Face and Hair Meshes and within the software. We would also expect you to be able to create your own 2D Textures as well as be able to import/export your CC3 Creations to Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4.
If necessary, we can provide Reallusion Packs or whatever else you'll need for the Job, as long as you have Reallusion's Character Creator 3 (CC3) in any form.
These 3D Characters would be used in our game "The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order" (LoA:SO). If necessary, you can be provided with provided the necessary software for the work you'll be required.
Communication is key to a smooth and efficient pipeline. You must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team-members and not be afraid to ask should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is a must.
If you are comfortable with teaching, you may be called upon to aid the more junior members of the team in any relevant area.
Other duties include following team policies (given through team orientation as upon acceptance to the team) as well as attending meetings through Slack (our instant message program that we use to communicate)
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- Creating realistic Human Character Meshes and Textures using Reallusion's Character Creator 3 (CC3)
- Creating Human Hair sculpts using Hair Card and Alpha Planes using Reallusion's Character Creator 3 (CC3)
- Full Texturing ability (Diffuse, Normal, Displacement etc) using Reallusion's Character Creator 3 (CC3)
- Able to work effectively and accurately from pre-defined concept art and designs.
- Able to work with and provide constructive criticism and feedback.
- Communication and Team-collaboration skills.
- A passion for modeling and a dedication to creating AAA quality games.
- Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4: https://www.unrealengine.com/register
- Reallusion's Character Creator 3 (CC3): https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/
- Adobe Photoshop, GIMP or similar for creating high-quality 2D Textures.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- The ability to run Unreal Engine 4
- The ability to run Character Creator 3 (CC3)
- The disk space and Internet speeds to download (Git Pull) at least 40 GB of game files
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. The Co-Founders of Epoch Games were originally part of a Modding Team developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world:
The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
See our Benefits page for more information about what we can (and can't) offer Team Members at this time:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
NOTE: The address listed is our central office, but we are working as a completely remote development team at this time. No relocation is necessary.