React Developer #1079
12 days ago
Contract Length: 18 months
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
Our client's Sci-Fi FPS games series is one of the largest videogame entertainment franchises in the world. This multi-billion dollar franchise has revolutionized console gaming and established a new, rich and expansive universe for its devoted fans. As we look to the future, the Ecosystem team is exploring new ways in which we can actively engage with our fans and create a healthy universe and ecosystem. We are the team responsible for the website and app. We are looking for a software engineer to join our ranks and help create and ship new experiences to our fans. Part of our vision is to build a scalable ecosystem platform that will support our franchise priorities and serve as a single connection point between our fans, their communities and our experiences. To support this initiative, we are investing deeply in it and working on creating new experiences for our active players. Our team strives for continuous improvement with a focus on quality, performance and availability. We are constantly exploring the possibilities of new technologies and encourage our team members to innovate. We work with all of the teams within, including our internal services development team, our publishing team, our content creation and the community management team as well as several external partners. The ideal person for this position has extensive experience with web development using React and Node.js. The candidate should have a passion for video games, elegant user interface design, and familiarity with consuming online services. You will need to work with Producers, Artists, Designers and game team developers to help deliver experiences that will delight users and change the shape of gaming as we know it.
- Implementing website features
- Implementing web application features
- Participating in daily standup, code reviews, design meetings
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians .
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Strong coding skills in React and Node.js
- Experience with React Native
- Self-driven, strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work cross-group and cross-discipline
- Passion for quality, usability and customer satisfaction
- A fan of Sci-Fi FPS games and stories
- Previous work experience on service-driven AAA games or game platforms
- Previous work experience on interactive video or game-related apps
- Experience in creating web/app experiences to support video games
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits