RF Engineer / Desense Testing
12 days ago
RF Engineer / Desense Testing
We are Keywords Studios. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
Do you love to build something new? Do your friends call you when their smart home gets dumb? We’re looking for someone passionate about the latest in consumer technology. You will not only revolutionize technology and software but will routinely work on emerging technologies and challenges.
The Xbox DVT Software and Operations Group is actively bringing up new services and tools to support an ongoing effort of qualifying Xbox hardware. We provide many services to the rest of the Xbox HW validation group in the form of engineering process to code revision and automated build environments. This is an opportunity to work with many different customers and technologies. Are you up for the challenge?
- Evaluate the impact of system noise on the WLAN 802.11abgn/ac and proprietary wireless radios
- Automated TIS measurements in Bluetest reverberation and Satimo chambers, calibrating test systems
- Qualify various EMI gasketing and shielding solutions to mitigate noise
- Disassemble prototype products, change out various internal components, find noise contributors
- Experiment and make hardware modifications to find and eliminate RF noise issues, e.g. copper tape, soldering, design of experiments, etc
- Collect data on multiple prototypes to get statistical desense of population
- Work with automation engineer to automate various types of manual tests
- Use internal and external automated software programs for data collection
- Automated (and manual) near-field probing
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or related, 5 to 10 years of experience desired
- Wifi and Bluetooth physical layer and protocol knowledge or testing experience
- Hands-on testing experience with RF equipment, cables, connectors, and antennas
- Desired experience in desense design/troubleshooting/testing
- Experience with lab equipment:
- Take apart and reassemble products, install EMI gaskets, inspect motherboard, chassis, and other components
- Ability to organize and collect data for complex configurations of test conditions and DUTs, and communicate exact results to team
- Run commands and automated tools that require basic cmd usage
- Understanding of wireless system, link budget, TRP and TIS, noise figure, antenna gain and pattern, impedance matching, s-parameters, spurious emissions, shielding, near-field vs far-field
- Flexible to handle last-minute test needs multi-task multiple requests
- Spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, measurement antennas
- Reverb or anechoic chambers
- CMW500 or other signaling test equipment
At Keywords Studios we provide all our contingent workforce with:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits