R&D Technical Artist
17 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you prize efficiency, productivity, and the happiness that comes from helping a team do their best work? Do you love the technology of computer graphics, games, and animation? Have experience building tools, rigs, workflows, and pipeline optimizations that make the creative work of game development even more fun than it already is?
Visual Concepts Blue Shift Studio, based in Boise Idaho and Parkville Canada is seeking a Technical Artist to join our team. This role acts as a liaison between the R&D engineers and the programmers and artists working on a wide variety of features for the legendary NBA 2K franchise. This role will report directly to the Director of Engineering of the studio.
What You Will Do:
- Research, build and maintain technologies and art workflows. (environments, props, characters, shaders, lighting, and rigs)
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering to drive research, workflows, and technologies for improved deformations, animation fidelity, and streamlined creation process
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to geometry, character rigs, animation, and simulation
- Become a proficient user and contributor of the existing toolset and workflow
- Learn and grow with some of the top talent in the industry
Who Would Be A Great Fit:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a technical artist
- Fluent in Maya and Python with significant experience writing tools (Python, PySide/PyQt, C#/C++/Maya API)
- Experience researching, piloting and rolling out new techniques
- Understanding of game engine limitations
- Must be a self-starter with a willingness to learn and grow as a member of the R&D team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.