R&D Programmer Game Security
Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
As part of the Security and Risk Management team, as an R&D Programmer (Game Security), you will develop and improve new or existing security solutions for our games, and help the game teams (“Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "Avatar", "Beyond Good & Evil 2" and many more) develop secure games.
You will improve security of existing game systems, implement new security measures where needed, and maintain strong knowledge of the existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions. You will stay aware of new security threats and propose appropriate solutions. Finally, you will collaborate with other team members to transfer security knowledge.
Game developers with an interest in security problematics are welcome!
The main responsibilities are:
- Develop new company-wide security solutions for our upcoming games;
- Improve security of existing game systems;
- Acquire a strong knowledge of the existing anti-cheat and anti-piracy solutions;
- Collaborate with other team members for transferring security knowledge.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a software development field programming robust and efficient code;
- Good knowledge of C and C++;
- Experience in at least one of the following: low-level development, reverse engineering, network and multi-threaded programming or/and applied cryptography;
- Good understanding of Common constraints and limitations of multiplayer/online games is an asset;
- Good understanding of common vulnerabilities and exploitation methods of multiplayer/online games is an asset;
- Autonomous approach, Systematic and pragmatic mindset;
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required.
- Bachelor in computer science or any other relevant discipline.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.