15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
R&D Engineer, Innovation
Located in Playa Vista - Los Angeles, CA
The PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) provides content, development, and services to Sony Game Studios. We have won several awards and built a reputation within the industry as a center of excellence. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art, animation, as well as pre-visualization, character creation, motion capture, software development, face/body scanning, tracking, & solving
The Visual Arts Innovations team is passionate about creating next generation digital humans and pushing the quality bar for our developers. We’ve been pushing the limits of realistic humans & graphics in games for the last 15 years and are at the forefront of latest technology and highest quality in gaming
We seek research engineers in the field of Advanced Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, and Machine Learning to help develop solutions that will advance our production technology and tools related to facial performance capture and virtual production
If you’re ready to be part of a world class team to work on AAA games titles like Uncharted, God of War, Spider-Man, and push next gen quality in games, please apply!
- Develop functional prototypes to advance production technology and tools for human performance capture i.e. character creation, motion capture, software development, facial tracking and solving for top tier animation as well as onset real-time.
- Will collaborate with Sony R&D, Sony Advanced Technology Group, Visual Art Engineering, and Visual Arts Character team.
- Will take prototypes from Sony R&D groups and make them into production ready tools.
- Recommend improvements to existing technology.
- Test and maintain tools to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Effectively communicate across multiple teams to include; R&D, Engineering, Art, Mocap, Scanning, & Animation.
- Create clear technical documentation and develop functioning prototypes that are using Visual Arts Engineering standards.
- Demonstrate high quality results using examples of real world production data.
- of 7years R&D experience in Visual Effects, Animation, and/or Game industries.
- Strength in C++ programming, Python, Object Oriented Design, Maya
- Understanding of facial (facial anatomy a plus) and human performance capture process, tools and pipelines.
- Experience in Unreal and/or other proprietary engines
- High level of problem-solving
- Strong math and algorithm design skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.