4 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
R&D Engineer, Innovation
Located in Playa Vista - Los Angeles, CA
The PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) provides content, development, and services to Sony Game Studios. We have won several awards and built a reputation within the industry as a center of excellence. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art, animation, as well as pre-visualization, character creation, motion capture, software development, face/body scanning, tracking, & solving
The Visual Arts Innovations team is passionate about creating next generation digital humans and pushing the quality bar for our developers. We’ve been pushing the limits of realistic humans & graphics in games for the last 15 years and are at the forefront of latest technology and highest quality in gaming
We seek research engineers in the field of Advanced Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, and Machine Learning to help develop solutions that will advance our production technology and tools related to facial performance capture and virtual production
If you’re ready to be part of a world class team to work on AAA games titles like Uncharted, God of War, Spider-Man, and push next gen quality in games, please apply!
- Develop functional prototypes to advance production technology and tools for human performance capture i.e. character creation, motion capture, software development, facial tracking and solving for top tier animation as well as onset real-time.
- Will collaborate with Sony R&D, Sony Advanced Technology Group, Visual Art Engineering, and Visual Arts Character team.
- Will take prototypes from Sony R&D groups and make them into production ready tools.
- Recommend improvements to existing technology.
- Test and maintain tools to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Effectively communicate across multiple teams to include; R&D, Engineering, Art, Mocap, Scanning, & Animation.
- Create clear technical documentation and develop functioning prototypes that are using Visual Arts Engineering standards.
- Demonstrate high quality results using examples of real world production data.
- of 7years R&D experience in Visual Effects, Animation, and/or Game industries.
- Strength in C++ programming, Python, Object Oriented Design, Maya
- Understanding of facial (facial anatomy a plus) and human performance capture process, tools and pipelines.
- Experience in Unreal and/or other proprietary engines
- High level of problem-solving
- Strong math and algorithm design skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.