19 days ago
You find yourself dissecting level construction, encounter layouts, and reward systems. You’re highly intrigued by seeing how modifications you make to content change the “hows” and “whys” of player behaviour. You have a knack for storytelling and a passion for mobile games.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Quest Designer to join us on Disney Mirrorverse ! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Designing and implementing quests, creating wonderful experiences for millions of players.
- Executing on a well-defined vision and goal, combining knowledge of level design, encounter design, and economy design to create experiences that entertain, serve an economic function, and condition player behaviour.
- Creating a variety of unique content types to reach a varied set of in-game and analytical goals, using creative design solutions both to meet intended targets and create fun for players.
- Working with the data team to follow up on the performance of quest content, to see if intent and goals were met, and effectively make tuning changes to accommodate gained knowledge and hit future targets.
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines on content creation, leveraging a variety of skills from the whole team to bring your quest vision to completion.
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.