11 days ago
JOB TITLE: Quest Designer
What We Need:
We need a Quest Designer to help us craft exciting narrative, exploration, and gameplay experiences. We are looking for someone with experience building quests in a 3rd-person game.
What You Will Do:
- Design, prototype, and implement engaging narrative and gameplay quests for players to discover and explore.
- Details include character staging, player interactions, puzzle design, and more.
- Work closely with level designers, artists, and engineers to deliver visuals to support the design.
- Collaborate with other designers and leadership to build complimentary systems, features, and content.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- Be an advocate for the design and vision of the project to the rest of the team.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Shipped a 3rd-person game in a Quest Designer role, or other comparable experience.
- Solid design and narrative instincts for guiding the player through a space and story.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making games.
- Ability to adapt to and learn different toolsets.
- Experience with Unreal Engine, including strong Blueprint scripting skills.
- Knowledge and experience with C/C++.
- Experience building prototypes to prove out and showcase design ideas.
- Experience working with character controllers and cameras in a 3rd-person game.
Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of groundbreaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Let gameplay drive decision making
Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
Maintain an environment where people are happy
Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
Put effort where it pays off the most
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can flourish. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use firaxis.com, 2K.com, and hangar13games.com accounts
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.