This job might no longer be available.
Quantified Experience Researcher
10 months ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow
The Quantified Experience (QX) team informs leadership and other teams on perceptual consequences of technical trade-offs in mixed reality and works closely with other departments such Systems, Optical Engineering, Graphics and Human Factors teams. The core activity of the team is behavioral, scientific research, particularly in the domain of human vision science. The Quantified Experience Researcher role is an important key to successful operation of the team. We are looking for an energetic team player who excels in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
The role comprises the following three main areas of responsibility:
(1) Perfect execution of studies with human participants. The QX researcher understands the importance of data for research and delivers high quality data without compromise. Responsibilities include coordinating studies with external agencies, assessing readiness of study procedure and setup, proctoring studies, and supervising of other proctors. The QX researcher is self-motivated to validate the data quality prior to and throughout the execution of the study.
(2) Smooth operation of the team. QX is committed to research excellence; the successful applicant for the position makes sure that this goal is achieved in an as fast as possible way. Together with the other team members, the QX researcher schedules and tracks tasks and activities of the team and identifies operational blockers and risks as early as possible. In addition, it is important to pave the way for agile team operation by organizing the lab, doing lab administration, and researching and ordering lab equipment in an early stage of research.
(3) Acceleration and consolidation of research activities. The QX researcher has a solid background in scientific behavioral/psychological research and is expected to contribute to the writing of protocols for the QX team and also for other teams. Once data is collected, cleaning and (statistical) analysis of data are part of the responsibilities, as well as contributing to a technical report.
- In depth knowledge of statistics for behavioral sciences, preferably experience with scripting languages for statistical analyses and data cleaning such as SPSS, SAS, R or Python.
- End-to-end experience with conducting studies in behavioral science, preferably experience with designing and running own studies.
- Ability to comply to and be an advocate of the highest research standards within Magic Leap.
- Experience with writing protocols.
- The quantified experience researcher has to be a great communicator, conscientious, detail oriented and a team player.
- Degree in psychology or related field, MS or PhD (within three years after graduation) preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines .