Quality Verification Director
Orlando Florida United States
15 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Job Title – QA Director EA Sports Orlando
We are looking for a very talented person who is passionate about driving software and game quality to lead our EA Sports titles based in our Orlando studio.
You will provide strategic and operational leadership for the Quality Verification (QV) department, made up of Management, Quality Design, Engineering and Analytics. This multi-discipline department is an essential component of the development and live services for our Madden and NBA franchises. You will also oversee the distributed Madden and NBA QV teams in Austin, Madrid and Romania.
Your primary Strategic responsibilities will be:
- Help shape the future vision for the EA QV organization
- Guide and develop changes to talent, skills and practices to accomplish operational and strategic goals
- Promote evolution of QV practices across EA Sports titles
- Support and champion the existing creative culture
- Identify opportunities for sharing practices, tools and analytics across Orlando, EA Sports and the rest of EA.
- Partner with the studio development discipline leaders to promote software industry quality best practices.
Your primary Operational responsibilities will be:
- Oversee active projects and live services
- Budget and headcount planning
- Overall project risk assessment and status communication to studio leadership
Your primary People Management responsibilities:
- People manage franchise owners
- Coordinate talent management and succession planning
- Help develop strong leaders across all disciplines
- Monitor and evolve talent skill mix, using training and active recruitment plans and strategies
- Promote a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Experience leading large multiple discipline and distributed teams
- Experience growing large multiple-layered team
- Understand software quality assurance and software development practices
- Track record leading teams focused on continuous improvement
- Project management skills
- Experience of Automated testing experience required
- Lead a large multiple discipline team
- Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective
- Partner management skills
As an active part of the Orlando studio leadership team and you will play a big part in the studio’s continued success!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages , tuition reimbursement , 401k with company match , of course, free video games and more!