Quality Lead, Software Engineering
13 days ago
Develop the tools for creators to build incredible things
Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modellers and developers to create rich and interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is created and experienced.
We are currently looking for a Quality Lead with a genuine passion for quality, to run part of our international Release Engineering Quality Assurance team in Vilnius, Lithuania. You will be responsible for leading a small team of QA Engineers who, in turn, are dedicated to ensuring the very highest quality public releases of our Unity Engine.
Unity is growing fast and this is a new sub team within the existing Release Engineering Quality Assurance team to help with that growth. As the team leader, you will be able to build, develop and establish your area to help shape the future of what we build at Unity. Your quality assurance experience combined with a technical background and leadership skills will enable you to excel in your role using cutting edge technologies serving 34 billion Made with Unity installs in the past 12 months.
What you’ll be doing
- Work together on building a quality first engineering culture that helps ship features rapidly and with high confidence.
- Raise the quality bar for changes and features ever higher.
- Build and develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans
- Line managing a team of technical quality engineers.
- Evolve QA processes to ensure testing is conducted in the most effective and efficient manner it can be.
- Communicate process improvements and quality status reports upwards and outwards.
- Define quality metrics and implement measurements to establish test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the product.
What we’re looking for
- You should be comfortable working within an international team and need to be proficient in both written and spoken English
- A talent for presenting sophisticated information in a way that is easy to understand
- Phenomenal communicator and problem-solver, with an eye for detail
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and efficiency
- Proven track record of solid people management; advising a mixture of on-site, remote and international quality assurance engineers
- Experience in coding (C# preferred)
You might also have
- Hands-on experience using a games' engine (not just our own!) is helpful
- It definitely helps to have a thirst for technology, both new and existing. Unity is made up of many components from many disciplines so it’s key to be open to learning things, and use your knowledge to influence positive change.
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.