Quality Engineer, Fortnite Creative (SDET)
12 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Fortnite and Unreal Engine are leading the world of online entertainment through innovation in experiences and events. Games, concerts, movies, and giant world-eating villains are just some of the experiences we’ve delivered so far. As engineers, we build tools and technology that allows content creators to dream up and deliver new experiences.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Quality Engineer, Fortnite Creative (SDET).
As part of the Fortnite Creative Team you’ll be working on an ambitious new project that changes how experiences are built and delivered in Fortnite.
You’ll be working on initiatives that improve how our team builds, tests, delivers, and supports features. We believe Automation, continuous integration, testing, and analytics are key to maximizing a development team's effectiveness.
Most importantly you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In This Role You Will
- Build APIs, frameworks, and tools for other development teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve and extend existing tests, frameworks and development workflows.
- Work closely with QA and other developers to reduce the need for human interaction in repetitive daily operations.
- Work with the Fortnite Creative Team to ensure new and existing features are written as testable units.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of Fortnite engineering and content creation teams to solve complex technical challenges in ways that move the stability and quality of Fortnite forward.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years experience working on game features or technology with C/C++
- Familiarity or willingness to learn C# and Python.
- A passion for maximizing devel oper efficiency and product quality through automation.
- Experience working with artists, designers and fellow engineers to deliver game features
- An understanding of game engines and game development concepts such as scripting, exporters, data processing, packaging, deployment.
- Experience with automation frameworks and continuous integration software such as Jenkins, Teamcity, etc
- Experience working with a large codebase at a fast pace, and considering trade-offs between usability, performance, and time.
Like what you hear? Be a part of something Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.