This job might no longer be available.
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
7 months ago
The Frostbite Quality team is seeking a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team, working on an industry leading game engine developed at multiple EA locations, including EA Vancouver. Frostbite is the core piece of EA’s one-team strategy, through the sharing of technology between studios, creating a shared language for EA developers. This is an opportunity to join a team to help drive quality across Frostbite and EA.
As a Quality Designer for the Frostbite Team, you will partner with Frostbite, EA Studios game teams, and Quality leadership to set, measure, and achieve quality targets. You will have a holistic view of the project, from how the product is designed, developed and released, to how it is integrated and supported. You will research and analyze the product and methods of how the product is built, provide long term strategies and short-term tactics to improve it, plan, execute, use data and metrics to validate the effectiveness of the approaches you implement.
EA has thousands of Frostbite users worldwide so every issue you find and every problem you solve has wide, positive impacts. We use a range of methodologies from white box, grey box, and black box testing, and are looking to you to strengthen the quality practices and enforce consistency across the teams. You will develop an in-depth understanding of product designs, get to use the Frostbite editor to create unique and advanced test cases, formulate test strategies for development, release, integration, and support of technologies, and will identify effectiveness as early as possible in the software lifecycle.
Being a Quality Designer is more than being an experienced tester – it’s about supporting your team and growing with your colleagues. As part of an experienced cross-functional quality team, you will collaborate with your dev team partners to identify and drive workflow, process, and automation improvement opportunities, and get to formulate creative or technical solutions to the problems in front of and ahead of you. Along with planning, coordination, and testing, you will track data metrics and key performance indicators so that you and your partners can analyze, make data driven decisions, and measure the success of the choices we make. You will take lessons learned and apply them to your next iteration.
- Foster strong partnerships with senior members of development, product, and other stakeholders. Proactively improving and driving new strategies to meet high level quality objectives of the team.
- Work with multiple partners teams and leaders internally and external to provide new ideas, best practices, promote knowledge sharing, and promote self-sufficiency among them all.
- Create feedback loops between your development partners and their customers and bring the knowledge back to the greater Frostbite development and quality team so they can raise the quality bar for the engine.
- Always be looking for opportunities to improve the quality of the team’s methodol ogies, processes, and workflows, designing and leading initiatives to impl ement those improvements .
- Define and track key performance indicators. Analyze and use data to measure effectiveness and make informed decisions.
- Partner with your quality team colleagues to mitigate cross-project risks and collaborate to produce group-wide quality improvements.
- Create test strategies by cross-referencing new and existing methods, coordinat ing with partners on refining and adapting to achiev e Release acceptance criteria.
- Ability to champion ownership of project wide initiatives without constant supervision.
- Understanding of software development processes and SDLC (Scaled Agile Enterprise preferred).
- Ability to effectively triage project priorities according to urgency, severity, and risk.
- Strong proficiency in development planning tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, Hansoft, DevTrack, TestRail).
- Moderate proficiency with software development tools like Perforce (i.e. understand concepts of version control).
- Basic proficiency with data visualization tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Google Analytics
- Basic understanding of programming concepts.
- Extensive software testing experience.
- Extensive experience with game engines, content & asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- Experience working with external and remote teams.
- Scripting experience.
- 5+ years of QA testing experience.
- 5+ years of QA support in embedded environments.