9 days ago
Join us for a fulfilling career while defining the future of interactive entertainment. This is an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a fun and creative environment.
The Quality Designer role is part of the Maxis team, the studio behind the successful Sims franchise. The Quality Designer role will require you to provide oversight of our testing and quality strategies and establish best practices for our analyst family together with our leadership team.
You will help ensure that the Quality Verification team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end game coverage and bringing the best experience for EA's players and to help EA support its commitment to put Players First.
- You will design and nurture the project testing strategy, always finding new ways to create automation opportunities and efficiency.
- You will oversee the test execution, establish the project indicators and metrics, and analyze the qualitative implementation.
- You will interpret the data and propose improvement plans, including their dependencies throughout the project lifecycle and input into live services.
- You will partner with senior members of the development, production and design teams, by creating a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, improving feature quality, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- You will highlight relevant project insights, supported through clear data, dependencies, risks, and mitigation strategies by collaborating with peers or other partners.
- You will mentor analysts and other individual contributors and promote knowledge sharing across the team. You have an advanced understanding of the importance of metrics and analytics, can use them when conducting research and provide feedback priority.
- You will work directly with Quality Verification Engineering and Data Analyst team members to provide a comprehensive picture of your feature's testing status and development progress, considering both automation and data visualizations. Once you develop an understanding of the game's features and systems, you can establish telemetry to provide valuable insights to the testing and development teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience – entertainment software; AAA game development best practices on multiple platforms (PC, Mac, Mobile, PlayStation, or Xbox)
- Experience using industry-standard defect and task tracking tools, such as JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail, and Hansoft
- Experience with tools such as Unreal Engine, Nexus (telemetry indexing), Shrike (save states) or Ballista (data capture) or similar, will be a clear differentiator.
- A passion for games with a player first mentality.
- Experience in data-driven product design, quality assurance strategies and process management.
- Experimental mindset; achieve innovation.
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e., sprints, cyclic releases, content deployments).