9 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
EA Vancouver is looking for a Senior Quality Control Analyst to join a new team composed of a mixture of veterans of EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries. This is an opportunity to develop new quality practices that aim to improve quality across both the EA Sports Football Club (FC) franchise, and across Sports business located in Vancouver and Bucharest. You will report to the EA Sports Football Club (FC) Quality Verification Development Director.
- You will have the end-to-end ownership of quality strategy.
- You will build working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams to develop a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal and external data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Using an experimental mindset, you will proactively propose and provide solutions to quality problems.
- You will use change control processes to measure the impact of evolving quality strategies.
- You will research, analyze and compile data points spanning multiple sources into cohesive and consumable summaries that demonstrate impact to overall quality.
- You can take an overall strategy and propose tactical solutions to achieve that strategy.
- You are a mentor for peers, assisting with and growing their knowledge.
- You will always promote a "Player First" approach and be an advocate for the player in everything we do to help us achieve a high-quality experience for our players.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software/game development, including both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Work with medium-to-large-scale teams. Work with distributed peers.
- Experience with bug prevention and containment strategies.
- Defect and Task tracking tool experience (JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail, or Hansoft)
- Game engine experience a plus.
- Perforce or other collaboration tool experience a plus.
- Experience working within a continuous delivery or continuous deployment model.
Path to Becoming a Quality Designer
Employee stories sharing how they got into their role, lessons learned and a few interview tips.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Barbara Homewood had her heart set on becoming a Librarian and is now an Associate Quality Designer in EA. Learn More
- Our hiring manager Ravi Minhas shares what he is looking for in a future candidate. Do you have this quality? Learn More