8 days ago
Quality Designers are individual contributors specialized in key domains of the QV process. Depending on the domain of specialty will work embedded within the Development organization or on a central/shared group, drive continuous improvement of the QV practice across EA and actively knowledge shared across the organization, have a strong Quality focus from a consumer perspective, strong advocate and influencer in game design and implementation decisions.
Quality Designers collect, analyze and use data to guide their daily decisions. Key items to focus on include: balance and tuning, features and systems, customer data, processes and workflows, the proper selection of metrics to use, and how to analyze/synthesize data.
- Be the voice of the end-user and verify that Design and UX/UI requirements and guidelines are met.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the importance of metrics and analytics and regularly utilizes them when doing research and providing feedback
- Develop and build working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams by guiding a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Understand past and similar iterations of services, perform analysis, use data, report on findings, and provide meaningful insights.
- Help drive Bug Prevention and Containment initiatives for EAX QV
- Support Production group with defining the qualitative strategy for the Design products.
- Coordinate with QV, QE, and Data teams to ensure continuous code deployments meet our Quality standards.
- Elaborate and present quality reports to the stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Breaks down and provides an analysis of the competition. Identifies product differentiation and provides impact analysis
- Perform and deliver high-quality software testing on fast-paced teams.
- Investigate the root or cause of the issues for better troubleshooting.
- Be a mentor for QA teams, help solve complex problems, and grow their skills
- Perform and deliver multi-platform high-quality software testing to Design System products
- Help build and contribute to a fun working environment.
- Begins to use critical thinking techniques to analyze, synthesize and evaluate information
- Provides task breakdowns, planning, dependencies and time estimates for own assignments
- Is capable to translate End to End Customer experience into Test Strategies for a Product
- Works with QE team to align on automation and testing tool needs
- Anticipate future issues impacting the health of EAX products/services and the team dynamics
- 4 Years of applicable experience
- Experience working with agile/scrum software development.
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QV model.
- Experience coordinating tasks with partners from off-site studios.
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, releases, content deployments)
- Experience using Defect and Task tracking tools (JIRA, TestRail).
- Experience working with Design tools such as Figma.