This job might no longer be available.
1 month ago
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to bring "Mobile To The Core". We are currently working to bring the cutting edge of FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile and HD developers in creating new experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
Our team culture is collaborative, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective. The Lead QA Analyst and team are accountable for delivering the QA project planning, requirements and deliverables. You will work with the QA Development Manager to deliver against schedules and ensure the creation, implementation, and execution of test coverage and project metrics.
A Lead QA Analyst will help implement knowledge transfer and communicate processes with internal and external game teams. They will work embedded within the Development organization, driving iterative improvement of the QA practice across EA, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be an advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
As a Lead QA Analyst your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are being completed on time through active participation in the test duties and processes while maintaining EA’s high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on continually improving the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level initiatives and operational efficiency initiatives.
You will also spend time engaging in daily test routines and responsibilities. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback as part of daily test routines. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team, internal development and engineering teams and the outside business partners are critical to success in this role.
Reporting to the QA Development Manager, we’re looking for a motivated and passionate Lead QA Analyst to join our team to help coordinate and test an exciting new mobile title.
- Prioritize and coordinate multiple work streams in task execution and task management.
- Comfortable working with several internal and external teams and multidisciplinary and domain experts
- Prioritize the end-user, ensuring that feedback is delivered with the community in mind while still accounting for development constraints such as timelines and budgets
- Create test scenarios and scripts supporting requirements for both manual and automation testing
- Implement test cases, plans and suites, defect tracking and regression
- Manage bug entry to minimize invalid and duplicate issues
- Participate in testing by creating and execution of test cases to acquire the necessary experience in game area to become the expert
- Apply a range of testing techniques and methodologies to identify defects of a very high-quality level
- Skill and knowledge in mobile compliance requirements and hardware platform
- Consume analytical data to make informed decisions and assumptions and may propose solutions to resolve trends that have negative impacts on product quality
- Analyze and perform game design feedback, test case design modification and reviews at both a requirements level and product build level producing reports at a cadence necessary to support product quality choices
- Identify and escalate risk that impacts project goals proposing potential solutions
- Allocates and executes tasks daily and reports on results to QA management
- Ultimate responsible for the quality of the work delivered on his assigned area of influence
- Appraise, problem solve and provide constructive feedback from testing phases
- Root cause analysis and defect analysis with the ability to validate assumptions and propose potential solutions to problems
- Work with internal / external partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project KPIs
- Solutions oriented problem solver with an ability to understand, define, propose and implement solutions
- Mentor and cultivate others within their project team
- Monitor and drive product quality KPIs throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Ensure testing processes and practices are followed, advocating quality practices with partners where needed, to protect and uphold product quality
- Work with internal and external partners and stakeholders across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
- Promote quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
- Produce and present reports to stakeholders using data that represent product quality KPIs
- 5 years of experience in a software development environment
- Risk management and solutions oriented problem solving techniques
- Strong communicator across technical and non-technical disciplines with the ability to influence where needed
- An appreciation or practical understanding analytics and KPIs as a way of tracking product quality
- Self-starter; capable of operating with some autonomy under minimal supervision, comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with and eye to promote best in class quality principles
- Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail, TM4J
- Experience of shipping mobile titles built in UE4 or Unreal
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools, processes and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Jira
- Hands-on experience shipping mobile titles