Quality Designer II (Apex Legends)
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
3 days ago
Respawn Vancouver is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team of working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help drive quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Design, and Production groups, this position is the primary QA owner for multiple high-complexity features within the title, responsible for the end-to-end quality plan, including both packaged goods delivery and Live services.
This position is integral to ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end to end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA deliver on its commitment to putting Players First.
What the Quality Designer will do:
- Serve as a coach and mentor resource for both internal and external QA teams, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skills and knowledge.
- Develop and build working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams by driving a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Propose, provide, and drive solutions to problems with minimal supervision from senior leadership/management.
- End-to-end ownership of quality strategy.
- Understand past and similar iterations of products or services, perform research and analysis, use data and metrics, report on findings, and provide meaningful insights.
- Support Production group with defining the overall qualitative strategy for the title(s). The Quality Designer works directly with senior Production members to ensure that KPI’s are in-place to validate quality assumptions, and to track progress over time.
- Collaborate and Drive best practices across multiple teams and across multiple studios.
- Support identification of technical solutions and automation opportunities.
- Effectively report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate managers and other stakeholders.
- Champion “Player First” at all times, and be advocates of excellence for those who use our products or services
Who you are:
- Multiple years experienced as a game analyst/feature owner
- Shipped multiple AAA titles from concept to final/live service
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Demonstrated ability to lead medium-to-large scale on-site teams.
- Experienced coordinating & prioritizing tasks with partners from off-site studios
- Ability to compile data points spanning multiple sources into a cohesive, consumable, and actionable summary to senior stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Experienced with agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with design team from concept to final/live service as a champion of game quality
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making
- Deep understanding of game development process and milestones of EA's GDF (Game Development Framework)
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, continual releases, content deployments, etc.)
- Proficient with development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce).
- Experienced with automation frameworks
- Has the ability to plan and communicate technical/automation requirements and potential ROI to stakeholders (has demonstrated in past)
- Proficient with the auditing of defects, results, etc. Heavy emphasis on data-driven decision-making
- Moderate dashboard creation and maintenance proficiency with Excel or Power BI. Demonstrated ability to articulate project needs using data.
- Demonstrated ability to drive QA evolution by proposing workflow improvements learned through QA communities; either internal or external.
Other desirable expertise:
- Meta/Game Balance
- Modes/Live Events
- Content creation workflows (Characters, Worlds, UI)