Quality Designer - Game Modes (Apex Legends)
12 days ago
Respawn is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team working on Apex Legends. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA and development groups, you will help trailblaze process improvements, discover and implement new tools, and create & lead adoption of strategies that help the QA team use data and tech to test smarter and faster. You will work with Associate Quality Designers and other QA members to understand their typical testing practices, and to help them create more efficient workflows & testing solutions. You will report to the Development Manager.
- A self-driven individual who has a passion to improve & rethink QA functions and processes.
- Set your own timelines and work competently to achieve them with minimal oversight.
- Partner with peers in person & remotely in locations across North America.
- Interpret and use data visualisations to provide relevant insights.
- Use data to construct a cohesive and consumable summary for senior team members.
- Understand how to evaluate the state of the testing process by ongoing exploration and experimentation.
- Help process development & improvement, you are comfortable with leading changes & rolling them out to QA partners.
- Train peers, prioritising understanding how different team members have unique learning needs/styles.
- Maintain relationships with QA & Dev partners, while developing new partnerships with colleagues' cross multiple disciplines.
- Engage with Dev tools to look for opportunities to improve QA process's & usage.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3 years of experience as a game analyst/feature owner in software development
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Experience with agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with developers on content delivery as an advocate of game quality
- Experience with software development process and milestones/deadlines
- Proficient in development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce)