This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help improve quality processes and projects across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA and Data Science professionals, you will be the primary QA owner for data-driven decision-making and analysis.
You will report to the Development Director overseeing the quality engineering and data analytics specialties within the QA organization.
What the Quality Designer will do:
- Help serve as a QA leader bridging the relationship between the testing organization and our centralized data analytics experts, helping them understand the problems inherent to testing processes and software design and providing solutions.
- Understand historical trends within the product and research possible alternatives within the data that could improve future product quality. Also, examine other projects and processes that may use different solutions to understand their fit on Apex HD.
- Explain how to create measures, observe behaviors, and interpret outcomes in different contexts across the project team.
- Evaluate the integrity of data represented in visualizations, reports, and presentations to ensure accurate portrayals of the status of the project.
Who you are:
- 1 or more years experience as an analyst within software development
- Part of a team that has shipped a complete product from concept to final
- Experience working in short product cycles that release frequently
- Monitor dependencies across product team members and maintain awareness of status
- Effective at summarizing findings and outcomes to product leaders
- Comfortable spending stretches of time in project databases, tables, and reports
- Intermediate knowledge with development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft), test case tracking software (DevTest, TestRail), and reporting frameworks (PowerBI)
- Proficient with the auditing of reports and data sets such that you can identify and address errors
Other desirable expertise:
- Background with data modeling
- Understand relational databases
- Involvement in code analysis
- Previous partnerships with engineers or data scientists