Quality Assurance Tester
11 days ago
About Hardsuit Labs
We are an independent game developer, founded in 2015 in Seattle, Washington. We believe that great games can only be built with great people and that great people thrive and do their best work in a healthy, collaborative, and positive work environment that values them. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace and building equity throughout the organization. At Hardsuit Labs, we are respectful and inclusive, we are problem solvers and efficiency champions, we are curious and collaborative, we are flexible and adaptable and most of all we are always looking to deliver excellence in the experiences and products that we craft!
As a studio we have built a reputation as an Unreal Engine focused development house, working in a multitude of genres and games, from support work and work for hire to original development. We have long standing relationships with some of the largest gaming companies in the industry and are a certified developer across all major platforms.
Quality Assurance Tester is a self-driven role focused on supporting the analysts and development teams throughout the design and implementation of features, running sanity checks against builds, writing and following up on bugs, and testing out functionality based on requests and questions from the team.
Working in UE5, the role will involve technical debugging and eventually working with automation as familiarity with the project grows.
Additionally, the tester will be working to represent the interests of the players, and ensuring a solid, well built, functional, and fun product that accurately reflects design requirements and ultimately which users will enjoy.
Our QA team is built on collaboration, player experience, problem solving, knowledge sharing, and the expectation that we will perform just as active and important a role as any other team in the SDLC.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Using a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product
- Perform comprehensive debugging to investigate issues and isolate root causes
- Manage, triage, review, and report on the defect database to keep the team up to date and aware of the quality status of the product
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features
- Coordinate with and support analysts, production, and development teams with requests, investigations, regressions, etc
- Surface blocking issues and risks; make recommendations for resolving blocking issues or mitigate
- Ensure patches/updates, new builds, and shipped products are functional and meet quality standards
- Attend and participate in project stand-ups, company meetings, QA syncs, playtests, etc
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of 4 years’ Game or Software QA experience
- Ability and passion to learn, analyze, and understand technical systems, processes, and games!
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) or Unreal Engine 5 (UE5)
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Experience in reporting and tracking risk, defects, and tasks through Jira or similar bug tracking software
- Strong communication skills, ability to build rapport with others, and able to both give and receive feedback
- Focused, organized, and deadline-conscious individuals with a strong attention to detail to identify, record, and prioritize issues as they arise
- Curiosity and growth mindset with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working with different teams and external partners
- Can coordinate with others to prioritize, manage, and find work
Nice to Have
- Experience with building or running automation
- Experience coding in at least 1 language
- Experience in building test maps and creating levels to isolate variables
- Degree in engineering, math, or technical field
- Experience working with build management tools such as Perforce, Jenkins, etc
- Console testing experience. The more knowledge of the various platforms the better
- Experience working with external partners and teams
Employment Eligibility Requirement
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Pay Range for this role is (57,000 - 60,000 DOE)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Generous PTO
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSAs
- 401k with company match
- Life and Disability insurance
- Technology Stipend
- Paid Sick leave
- Commuter benefits
- Paid company holidays and office closures
- Free parking with gym access
- Profit Sharing
- Awesome people to hang with
Don't meet 100% of what is noted in the job description? No problem! Apply anyway. Hardsuit Labs believes in investing and fostering people personally and professionally. Don’t let your experience or education define your future. Apply today!
Hardsuit Labs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Hardsuit Labs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at Hiring@Hardsuitlabs.com