Quality Assurance Tester
15 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a full-time in-house QA Analyst to join our growing game development team. This person will work on a team dedicated to building high performance Unity-based games using existing standards, conventions, and an existing product architecture.
- Work closely with a dedicated game artist and programmer to develop curriculum-focused Unity games with our in-house games platform
- Test development and gold master builds on a variety of mobile platforms
- Create and document test cases based on game design documents
- Execute testing of various builds, including integration, functional, and performance tests
- Log and document test results, where appropriate, and work with your team to assist with troubleshooting, resolution, and validation
- Support release process and perform product verification testing
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Attend meetings to report work progress and critical issues
- 2+ years’ experience in mobile game development, on shipped iOS/Android titles
- Advanced familiarity with Desktop/Android/iOS
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Ability to quickly find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Strong understanding of Analytics
- Can execute test plans, scenarios, or procedures (independently or collaboratively)
- Can identify, communicate, document, and elevate issues in a clear & concise manner
- Have developed test cases for one or more games
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related degree, or relevant professional experience
- Experience working in Unity 5.x or higher
- Familiarity working in a scrum/agile environment
- Passion for educational games
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment