Quality Assurance - Team Lead
Montreal QC ca
9 days ago
The Quality Assurance (QA) Team Lead has ownership of the quality assurance activities for a specific project. The QA Team Lead works closely with the QA director, producers, and testers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and with the highest possible level of quality . The QA Team Lead is responsible for tracking test milestones to ensure that objectives are reached.
The QA Team Lead trains, mentors, coaches, supervises, schedules, and monitors the activities of a large team of development and functional testers. The QA Team Lead is an active participant in the operations of Behaviour’s QA department, a great communicator, and a forward-thinking strategist.
- Manage execution of assigned QA activities, including software engineering quality assurance and testing.
- Ensure QA personnel are prioritizing and tracking defects and issues correctly and recommend corrective action where required.
- Create and implement test plans that span a product’s lifecycle, cover art, design, and engineering as well as localization testing of all SKUs.
- Implement testing policies, procedures and standards across specific products.
- Manage QA personnel including full-time and temporary employees as well as testers from third party vendors.
- Adapt the testing strategy to the project’s expansion.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal and external users to acquire and exchange information on QA issues, processes, and best practices.
- Manage relationships with first-party QA personnel worldwide as required.
- Assess risks early in the production pipeline and deliver reports and recommendations on how to fix the situation to the development team
- Participate in QA leadership meetings to help set company-wide QA objectives and processes in collaboration with the other QA Team Leads and the QA Director
- Minimum 5 years of QA experience within the video game industry
- 1+ year as lead QA, managing teams of 5+ testers
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of test case management tools (Testrail, TM4J, etc)
- Experience with game certifications as required by Windows, Steam, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent understanding of PC and console game testing
- In depth understanding of formal test and development processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic, positive, team oriented, and organized
- Ability to work under tight schedules and high-stress environment
- A sense of humour doesn’t hurt either
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 550 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s mobile games have reached over 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more.