Quality Assurance Manager
7 days ago
As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking a QA Manager to lead the QA department at our Vancouver Studio. This is an exciting opportunity to grow and develop a small team and become a major player in Hothead Games’ growing portfolio of titles. You will manage the testing of our products and work with the development teams to track bugs and ensure we ship high-quality mobile games!
What You'll Do:
- Provide leadership and direction to the QA team and continuously look for ways to improve the department
- Plan and organize the entire QA process from start to finish on multiple projects
- Work closely with Senior Management and provide weekly updates of the QA department
- Work side-by-side with development teams and ensure they receive constructive quality gameplay feedback from QA Testers in a timely manner
- Identify and improve any problem areas within projects and general QA practices
- Maintain a positive atmosphere and strong work ethic within the QA department
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the functionality of iOS / Android devices and troubleshoot the most common issues
- Ability to think of ‘outside of the box’ testing methods to ensure a high-quality end-user experience.
- Adapt to a fast-changing development environment and be able to multitask with several software tools daily
- Create quality goals and development plans to promote your team's professional growth
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 5 years of video game Quality Assurance experience, mobile gaming testing experience required
- Outstanding leadership abilities with the ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be thorough and follow-up on game issues with QA Testers, Senior Management, and the Development Teams
- Strong ability to communicate problems and understand the requirements of the development teams
- The ability to devise good working practices and approaches to problem-solving
- The ability to adapt to product changes and testing practices to suit the needs and strategy of the business
- Technologically savvy, with a passion for mobile gaming and familiarity with the mobile gaming market
- Competent using bug tracking software (JIRA, etc).
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include snacks and beverages, RRSP matching, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.