Quality Assurance - MMA Video Games
2 days ago
* Please note: all Keywords Studios staff are currently working from home because of the Covid-19 pandemic. When it is safe to do so, staff may be asked to return to work in-office.
Do you have a passion for video games? Would you like to work on AAA-title MMA video games? Then we've got the job for you!
Keywords Studios is hiring multiple game testers to test product features and fulfill the needs of the QA and development teams over the summer. On this team you will be directly responsible for testing, verifying, and responding to requests from the development team.
Members of the Development Support team are responsible for communicating with development partners and creating test plans to locate issues and ensure that the product meets the product owner’s expectations. You will gain a knowledge base for the product area and the ability to understand the ins-and-outs of how each feature should work, and the path to launch it on time with fewest issues possible.
- Professional QA Team member with proven ownership of one or more test areas/releases
- Ability to coordinate between different feature areas as well as development partner
- Education, knowledge or experience of a relevant area Advanced technical area of knowledge (e.g. white-box testing, automation, analytics, audio, animation etc.)
- Proficiency with advanced testing tools (internal/external)
- Subject matter feature owner
- Experience providing subject matter knowledge to improve overall quality and processes
- Fan of MMA and related videos is a plus!
- Dev QA POC for outsource QA groups, internal QA and Development teams
- Coordinate test efforts and take on test requests from Developers/Software Engineers Report on sprints to developers, with complete and concise messages
- Lead improvements in the wider QA processes, project planning, and develop new QA strategies
- Key contributor for test planning, test case creation and bug estimates, etc.
- Provide regular game area level QA reports (e.g. high-level risk assessment)
- Maintain documentation to transfer knowledge and provide mentorship to newer team members
- May contribute to minor adjustments of automation scripts
- May contribute to testing and bug writing/reproducing Work in close partnership with development and production teams
- Use in depth knowledge of the feature under their ownership to drive automation, test tools and possible telemetry hooks to more efficiently verify their area
- Continually contribute towards the refinement and improvement of QA methods, procedures and processes
- Leverage data, automation and tools to perform tasks
- Monitor and track game feature progress
- Use in depth knowledge of the feature/release under their ownership to suggest automation, test tools and possible telemetry hooks to more efficiently verify their area
- Responsible for one or more test areas and features/releases (POC for multiple features/releases)
- Provide risk assessments of their area of ownership
- Provide updates to Core QA on changes to the feature and input into test areas to focus on
- Liaise as required with your partnered team
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Hours: Full time, 9:00 - 5:30 pm PST
Your work will be showcased in AAA games that are household names worldwide. On top of the exciting work and awesome teams you will collaborate with, we also have great benefits, opportunities to grow and learn through in-house webinars and courses, and first-class onsite amenities.
For example, some of our on-site perks include:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Community garden
- 2 dog parks & a dog-friendly office
- Easy transit access
- Free on-site parking for staff and visitors
- Indoor and outdoor basketball courts