Quality Assurance Lead
Irvine CA 92618 US
20 days ago
If you want to be part of building a new game company with a new IP set in a grounded, dark fantasy universe, let’s talk!
Nexon is expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a new development studio in Orange County California. We are building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon’s roots are originally in Asia, but is now expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a studio in Orange County California. We believe that games are the greatest art form of all, and we’re looking for talented individuals to join our ever expanding worldwide team of over 5,500 employees. Nexon boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and are ready to free your world, let’s talk!
In this role, you will be responsible for owning and facilitating all aspects of game development quality assurance for our project. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for games, previous experience in managing QA teams on a shipped AAA title.
- Be an expert in all phases of QA game development
- Ensure that the QA team is technically optimized, and able to dictate and leverage technological solutions to improve testing and effectiveness
- Think critically and communicate effectively to truly understand issues and pain points and creatively drive solutions
- Help define severity, and work with developers to champion a player first mentality
- Own and develop the entire game testing strategy and process, from beginning to end in different production methodologies
- Drive technology based solutions that improve testing and act as force multipliers
- Help foster a culture where QA is an equal partner in game development
- Own and manage any necessary QA outsourcing pipelines
- Own and manage any necessary QA automation pipelines
- Practice a servant leadership philosophy to bring forth consensus and alignment
- Expert knowledge of software testing methodologies, and when/how to use them
- Experience working across teams to write detailed test plans
- Experience driving effective metrics collection and analysis
- Minimum 10 years of QA experience, with 3+ years directly managing other QA personnel
- Automation and/or scripting experience
- Shipped multiple titles in QA role
- Experience in CS or another game role
- Experience in UE4
- Cover Letter optional
Nexon's Benefits & Perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.