Quality Assurance Engineer
13 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a QA Engineer who is self-motivated and results-oriented with hands-on experience in manual and automated testing and releasing high-quality features and products in an Agile environment. A strong candidate will have excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, sound judgment, and a proven ability to perform in a matrixed organization.
- Perform white box, black box as well as automated testing to verify features and products meet or exceed specifications and quality objectives.
- Involved in requirements analysis, test planning activities, test case automation, and execution of critical test cases/scripts required to ensure that the software meets business requirements on Agile team alongside development.
- Find, trace, and thoroughly identify defects; generate defect reports; work with other engineers to help troubleshoot and resolve defects, and verify corrective actions.
- Build & support test automation scripts as well as contribute to an evolving test automation framework.
- Verify builds for release both manually and via automation.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports of current work progress.
- Write comprehensive and well-structured front-end and backend automated tests.
- Build test automation suites to support sprint level, regression, or end-to-end tests.
- 4+ years testing experience with web and mobile apps, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience writing test plans and test cases independently.
- Hands-on programming experience with Python scripting preferred (or other Object-Oriented Language).
- Experience using web and mobile automation frameworks like Appium and Selenium.
- Experience working with Git, Jenkins.
- Experience automating Unity Mobile or Gaming applications preferred.
- Demonstrated team player with good communication skills.
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.