Quality Assurance Engineer, Amazon Games
15 days ago
Amazon Games is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join the team and assure our games meet our high quality standards. You are a curiosity driven, detailed, and customer focused person who has experience identifying and effectively communicating issues. As a member of a Quality Assurance team you will become an expert in one or more of the game’s features and assure it meets our high quality standards. The role of QA changes often over the course of game development, so you will need to be flexible to adapt. You will be the voice of the customer, you must be able to prioritize and categorize quality issues based on what will have the most impact on the customer experience.
Amazon is all in on games. We believe games will become the number one form of entertainment on Earth and be defined by their ability to deeply engage communities of fans inside and outside of the playing experience. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time and grew to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale. This role will empower game studios to confidently and continually release high-quality products that delight customers worldwide
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Key job responsibilities
- Relentlessly pursue the root-cause of detected issues and create effective issue descriptions
- Create test material, such as reports, new test scenarios, player data charts
- Advise on improvements to product and every aspect of the test process from tools to procedures
- Advocate for the customer in discussions with QA and with the Development team
- Run scripts and test tools, process the results
- Execute manual and automation testing
- Execute test plans, able to recommend updates
- Learn and Be Curious
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 4+ years of quality assurance engineering experience
- 3+ years of Games Industry (supporting title Development, Release, or Live Ops) experience
- Experience in automation testing
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience as QA lead on medium to large sized projects
- Experience with at least one automated test framework like Selenium or Appium
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in gathering test requirements to create detailed test plans and defining quality metrics to measure product quality
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $91,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.