Quality Assurance Engineer, Amazon Game Studios
11 days ago
You are a curiosity driven, detailed, and customer focused person who has experience identifying and effectively communicating issues. As a member of a Quality Assurance team you will become an expert in one or more of the game’s features and assure it meets our high quality standards. You will be expected to create reports, effectively use test tools, and work with player data to uncover new issues and more. The role of QA changes often over the course of game development, so you will need to be flexible to adapt. You will be the voice of the customer, you must be able to prioritize and categorize quality issues based on what will have the most impact on the customer experience.
Amazon is all in on games. We believe games will become the number one form of entertainment on Earth and be defined by their ability to deeply engage communities of fans inside and outside of the playing experience. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time and grew to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale. This role will empower game studios to confidently and continually release high-quality products that delight customers worldwide
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
• 2+ years of experience in overall software QA/test experience
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Knowledge of: QA methodology and tools; software testing standards, methods and conventions; and the product development cycle
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing high-quality test plans
• Experience in scripting, user-level test automation and performing white-box testing
• Experience with testing complex server infrastructures
• Experience shipping one or more AAA game products (guiding them through a full QA process)
• Demonstrated ability to improve test coverage and effectiveness
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms (PC, mobile, console, etc.).
• Experience with collaborating with vendor test teams for manual test execution
• Experience testing game mechanics such as skill optimization or other player investment systems
• Experience with e-commerce testing
• Proven success in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels
• Familiarity with release management and/or community engagement job roles
• ISTQB (or equivalent qualification) a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.