Quality Assurance Analyst
11 days ago
Blackbird Interactive Inc. is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our cross-discipline team testing software and reporting issues relating to functionality, playability, and fun factor. Depending on experience level, you may be part of creating test plans, guiding specific tests, and assessing issues pre and post launch.
- Test software for functionality, reliability, and/or performance.
- Report bugs and defects into an online database, ensuring that all necessary information is included and easy to understand.
- Contribute to the overall Test Plan, by creating, running and scheduling Test Scripts for your assigned game area(s).
- Effectively communicate the status of your assigned game area(s) to the Production & Development teams.
- Perform risk analysis and escalate issues to QA management when necessary.
- Participate in review of requirements and designs, communicating concerns and/or risks to project stakeholders.
- Provide daily status updates and trends to QA Lead and development team.
- A minimum of 2 year experience in a Quality Assurance role.
- At least one shipped product.
- Experience with QA process and testing terminology.
- Working knowledge of business tools such as email, spreadsheets, word processors etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple audiences.
- Ability to work within a highly functional cross-discipline team.
- Experience playing modern RTS games such as Starcraft and Company of Heroes, as well as MOBA's like League of Legends.
- Knowledge of RTS core gameplay, network multiplayer systems, embedded QA methodologies and test automation in general.
- Experience working on PC games.
- Experience working on mobile games.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development--whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to diversity and building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.