Quality Assurance Analyst
7 days ago
Blackbird Interactive Inc. is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our cross-discipline team testing software and reporting issues relating to functionality, playability, and fun factor. Depending on experience level, you may be part of creating test plans, guiding specific tests, and assessing issues pre and post-launch.
- Test software for functionality, reliability, and/or performance.
- Report bugs and defects into an online database, ensuring that all necessary information is included and easy to understand.
- Support the Development team by tracking down reported issues, test shelved builds, assess newly tuned missions, units or game modes.
- Effectively communicate the status of your assigned game area(s) to the Production & Development teams.
- Create documentation to organize and carry out testing on unexpected requests.
- Perform risk analysis and escalate issues to QA management when necessary.
- Review, regress, and update bugs as needed in the Bug Database.
- Provide daily status updates and trends to QA Lead and development team.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a software-based Quality Assurance role.
- At least one shipped product.
- Experience with video game QA process and testing terminology.
- Working knowledge of business tools such as email, spreadsheets, word processors, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple audiences.
- Ability to work within a highly functional cross-discipline team.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience playing modern RTS games such as Starcraft and Company of Heroes, as well as MOBA's like League of Legends.
- Knowledge of RTS core gameplay, network multiplayer systems, embedded QA methodologies, and test automation in general.
- Experience working on PC games.
- Experience working on console games.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.