Quality Assurance Analyst – Worldbuilding
16 days ago
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Analyst – Worldbuilding to join the development team making the worldbuilding tools that will help us make our next RPGs in Unreal Engine.
This analyst will do their best to break the worldbuilding tools, write up clear and concise bug reports including detailed reproduction steps, and accurately follow QA test plans. This person is experienced with using worldbuilding tools (i.e., 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini, Substance 3D) to make environment art for open-world games. They will need to be inventive, adaptable, and seek to improve the efficiency of the tools they are working with. There will also be opportunities for this person to create assets and landscapes to explore.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Test tool features and content for ease of use, reliability, consistency, and absence of issues
- Develop and execute test plans as well as update documentation to track testing and development progress
- Log concise bug reports, regress issues, and help maintain a bug database in Jira
- Collaborate and meet with the teams to identify, reproduce, and resolve issues
- Collect data and provide subjective feedback to assist in the design and development of the tools
- Critically evaluate the tools and technical requirements based on test plans and tool performance
- Strong attention to detail including the ability to analyze complex tool interfaces, parameters, and results
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated level creation ability in Unreal Engine, using Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max and/or Houdini
- Passionate about games (specifically open-world RPGs) and procedural asset creation and placement
- Previous experience testing games or other software
- Experience with Substance 3D, SpeedTree, or Megascans
- Familiarity with other game development practices including 2D art creation, level design, narrative design, programming, or scripting
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.