Quality Assurance Analyst, Create Studio
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
15 days ago
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Join a new multidisciplinary team at Unity developing innovative solutions to solve industries’ toughest problems.
We are looking for a Quality Analyst Lead to join Create Studio, our newest industrial products team. You will partner with the development team to identify, develop, and execute test suites for our industrial products. Your breadth of testing abilities will be used to target Unity applications across desktop, mobile and web as well as testing cloud services. You will see your fingerprints in the high quality bar of our new industrial products.
You and your desire to make the world a better place will be at the forefront of the real-time revolution, as we create exciting technological advancements in entertainment, film, retail, sales, and other industries – all made possible by the Unity Engine, the most widely used 3D development platform in the world.
- Collaborate in a small team to identify, develop, and execute test suites and test strategies, to safeguard the overall quality of our products, while also enabling flexible and rapid development
- Work closely with the Quality Manager, PMs, creative lead, technical lead and automation developers to ensure and measure product quality by identifying and mitigating risks
- Create, maintain and execute the product testing plans required throughout the software's lifecycle
- Work with the developers building automated testing to balance automated and manual testing as needed by the product phase
- Ensure that the QA team has all the required environments and devices, and ensure they are properly configured for testing
- Proactively report and escalate blockers or critical issues as needed and generate and maintain quality and test suite reports needed
- Provide constructive feedback on overall performance and look and feel based on your team’s in depth experience with the product
- Experience working in a Quality Analyst, Quality Assurance, or similar role shipping more than one software product or project
- Experience using defect tracking tools and test case management software, such as JIRA and TestRail, to build and execute test suites for a project or product
- Experience leading other quality team members to successfully deliver a software project or product
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of manual testing
- Strong communication skills, both in person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment
- ISTQB certified tester
- Experience testing Unity based applications or web based technologies such as React and RESTful APIs
- Experience working with or building automated testing
- Experience evaluating and testing applications and cloud services for security and vulnerabilities.
- Experience building, running and evaluating stress tests
- Development experience with C# or Unity
- Experience with 3D assets such as models, textures, riggings, or animations
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.