This job might no longer be available.
Quality Analyst II - Frostbite
4 months ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Main Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a Quality Analyst II for the core Frostbite Bucharest team. You will be part of the Frostbite Central QA team – reporting into our WWQA organization – for coordinating, organizing, and executing work assigned from the manager, ensuring consistency with process, methodologies, and results. Your primary goal is to achieve a high level of quality for the Frostbite engine through executing and improving upon a quality program of extensive end-to-end tests, integration tests, and release/change management processes. The focus is to identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently.
The Quality Analyst is a software quality expert that applies black box testing and enables automated testing techniques as well as in-depth understanding of system design, implementation and integration to identify bugs as early as possible in the development cycle. This requires good test strategies and experience which challenge the software to ensure a very high level of quality (Functional, Reliable, Usable and High Performance).
You will be expected to partner with development and domain teams internally to help improve the test and development processes, and proactively provide support as needed. You will become a driver of the quality process and an expert of the Frostbite engine with all its associated in-house and 3rd party tools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for the area being analyzed. Be the central contact person for multiple teams.
- Practice an advanced use and manipulation of test tools.
- Review database issues, consider the level of severity and publish/respond to issues where required.
- Work closely with the other Quality Analysts to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, which are supported by available data. Look for innovative new data tracking in order to support further transformation of Quality Verification testing practices.
- Use necessary game experience and skillset to proactively find and reproduce concerns in software and document these in a clear, detailed and objective manner.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 2+ years of experience with and knowledge of QA processes, methodologies, and testing techniques, automated and manual test processes, test case design and execution, regression testing, load testing etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are needed to communicate complex technical information to different teams and stakeholders, within and outside of the Quality Verification group.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively within a team, or alone when necessary.
- Experience with games and game engines, content & asset editors, software tools, and shared technologies will be an asset.
- Familiarity with Development Tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio.
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- Proficiency in Defect tracking tools (JIRA) and Test management tools (TestRail).
- Strong understanding of Software Development processes and continuous development.
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with development partners, customers, support teams, and management.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- A strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
- Ability to immediately recognize critical issues or testing deficiencies and raise concerns to leadership.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with:
- Good understanding of test automation.
- Good understanding of what a game engine is and what it is used for.
- C#/C++ experience is considered a good asset.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.