Quality Analyst (Contractor)
11 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Challenge Ahead
Quality Analysts at EA are deeply embedded in development and will test, documenting and analyzing the game during production.
The analyst role is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. An analyst is a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that its features are tested in the correct way and ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players’ expectations.
The Next Great Quality Analyst Needs:
An in-depth understanding of the technical structure of games, how to apply new testing methodologies and be able to speak to what tools will be the most effective.
Good English language skills (written and verbal) are necessary to communicate with the rest of the team and drive knowledge sharing both internally and outside the studio.
Above all, Quality Analysts must be avid games players. You can demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry, including the different platforms, game styles, and genres. It’s important to know the market so they can evaluate our games against the competition.
- Previous QA experience, with at least 1 year of QA support in embedded environments
- Experienced with development collaboration tools
- Understanding of the technical structure of games and their engines
- Knowledgeable on white/gray/black-box testing practices
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Knowledge of testing/planning tools
- Experience with Jira or other defect tracking software
- Experience working with offsite teams
- Knowledge of software development methodology and stages (milestones/sprints, Alpha, Beta)
- Knowledge of golf (Nice to have, but not required.