Quality Analyst (Contractor)
Bucharest Bucharest Romania
17 days ago
This opportunity is a contractor role working for Electronic Arts Romania hired through Smartree for 12 months.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Quality Analyst oversees the test coverage strategy to ensure the software meets our players expectations, which includes the following: setting and aligning on test scope and goals, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the quality of targeted test items. You will be the organizational expert in software testing, the voice of quality for an assigned feature, area or project.
The Quality Analyst champions best practice and progress in testing, playing an important role in ensuring testing processes are up-to-date and accurate. They are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews, delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from partners.
- Work with Project Managers and Quality Designers to help define and deliver the quality verification test strategy.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for the area being analyzed. Be the central contact person for multiple the assigned area/project.
- Practice an advanced use and manipulation of test tools (or driving the vision/concept for new tools that have been developed/acquired)
- Review database issues and consider the level of severity and publish/respond to issues where required while working closely with the Project Manager.
- Collaborate with peers and senior individual contributors to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, supported by available data. Look for creative means of tracking data to support further transformation of QV testing practices.
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing qualitative or design feedback, technical solutions before integration from a player perspective.
- Make use of analytics and telemetry data to create improved test strategies
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain.
- 3+ years of experience with and knowledge of software testing processes, automated testing, testing technique, test case design.
- You're able to share complex technical information to different teams and partners, within and outside of the quality verification team.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle, milestone requirements and QV role at each stage.
- Enjoy working in a distributed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions.
- Knowledge of Console / PC platforms and familiarity with Compliance & Certification requirements.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Relevant work experience.
- Experience with quality assurance principles and practices, particularly within an agile software development environment.