This job might no longer be available.
Quality Analyst - Contract
Los Angeles California United States
19 days ago
We Are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create excellent entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will always have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a studio culture where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that to achieve your best, one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
QA Analysts at DICE LA are embedded in development and will test, document, and analyze the game during production.
The Analyst role is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. An Analyst is a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that its features are tested in the correct way and ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players expectations.
The Next Great DICE LA Analyst Needs
As a Contract Quality Analyst you will report directly to our Development Manager. You will work with Developers to verify content both with editors and within game. You will guide Defect Containment processes and help ensure that QA and Development are aligned in delivering.
Good language skills are necessary to document features and communicate them with colleagues. Above all, Analysts must be avid games players. You will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry, including the different platforms, game styles, and genres. It’s important to know the market so they can evaluate our games against the competition.
As a part of DICE LA you will need a collaborative mindset working with both our local studio and other teams around the globe. You will promote knowledge sharing both internally and outside of the studio.
- Understanding of development pipelines.
- Understanding of where QA fits within the development space.
- High level of pro-activeness is required.
- Familiarity with Development Tools such as Perforce, Visual Studio, and Engine Tools.
- Experience in games development or software testing.
- 2+ Years experience .
- Relevant Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of testing/planning tools
- Knowledge of software development methodology and stages (milestones/sprints, Alpha, Beta)
- Good knowledge of gaming consoles and software: strong interest in video games or software testing
- Knowledge in one of these areas (Art, Design, Engineering, or Production).
- Familiarity with modding or user generated content workflows.
- Experience working in first person shooter titles.
We thought you might also want to know about our studio: