QV Development Manager
20 days ago
Technical Development Manager – Quality Verification
We Are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the successful Battlefield, Battlefront and Mirror's Edge franchises.
The Opportunity Ahead:
The QV Development Manager (DM) enables the Quality Verification (QV) team to succeed and helps them to improve the processes around the development and testing of the games released in the Battlefield franchise. You have a balance of people management and development management skills, and have a good technical understanding of modern, scalable automated testing frameworks.
As a Development Manager in the Battlefield Tech QV team, you will help improve the way we make and test games. We're looking for a curious and outgoing person who is passionate about coaching and growing our Quality Analysts and Quality Designers, striving to ensure that they have all the support they need to perform at their best, both from the operational and growth opportunities perspectives. Your insights and your influence will help us to make the highest quality games possible and have fun whilst doing it. You will report to the Group Technical Director of Quality Engineering of the Battlefield Franchise.
Are you someone who knows "we can do better", and has the desire to walk that path? Then we want to hear from you.
- Experience in people management, working with diverse global teams that are geographically distributed across the globe.
- Provide long-term career growth assistance to team members.
- Hire and motivate qualitdesigners and analysts to accomplish our road-map while keeping the team's results, retention and health front of mind.
- Creation and follow-up of personal development plans for the team members.
Development and operations management
Provide planning and direction in integrating, testing, and releasing features at the core of our Franchise Games.
- Team Productivity – achieve improvements on workflows, equipment, tools, and iteration loops.
- Follow-up and contribute to the Game stability and performance analysis.
- Help create a technical community by developing relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other groups throughout EA studios.
- Advocate for the team's work inside and outside the Battlefield Studios, sponsoring the outcome of our work through written and non-written communications (newsletter, webinars, conferences, etc…).
- 3 years experience working in a leadership position in SW testing or test automation implementation as product owner.
- Experience creating and communicating targets and road-maps to key partners.
- Experience with mentoring and coaching practices.
- Technical knowledge – we will look for managers to be knowledgeable in the technology space of their team (SW testing and test automation).
- Identify and recruit essential talent based on staffing requirements; solid understanding of candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques is required.
- Previous knowledge of Frostbite and its development and release processes would be huge plus
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At EA we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package and long-term career development, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross-fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
Although we aim to craft the best games at EA, we value our employees' personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
Apply online with a resume and motivation letter. We look forward to receiving your application.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.