QC Lead (Uplay)
15 days ago
The Uplay Client is a digital distribution platform that offers many valuable services to our players, to allow them full access to their Ubisoft games and more. You will be involved in process of testing Uplay application, identifying issues, creating necessary documentation as well as communicating with developers and other stakeholders. This role focuses on client-side engineering and architecture while interfacing with game teams as stakeholders. Working in an international team of passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so.
· Lead, recruit, coach and manage a team towards individual and team excellence
· Coach and develop leadership talent across the department for succession planning
· Lead, connect and partner with teams across Ubisoft towards quality initiatives
· Coordinating testers’ training process.
· Taking part in recruitment processes to the QA team.
· Plan, manage and maintain schedules for testing activities
· Accountable for the quality of all work and relationships on their team
· Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting and closure
· Creating guidelines for functional and exploratory tests together with test documentation.
· Keep QA and QC processes and documentation up to date
· Monitoring quality assurance within production and proactively develop procedures to inspect and report on quality
· Partner and provide high value quality-related services to development leadership
· Champion and influence software development best practices and customer experience
· Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations and report on risk
· Create, monitor and control metrics impacting product and team quality
· Reporting significant malfunctions to production execs to ensure immediate action
· Continually reviewing standards and policies.
· Proven work experience as a Lead/manager
· At least 3 years of experience in developer-based functional QA.
· Solid understanding of the SDLC and how it applies to QA
· Production tool-set experience (e.g. Perforce &/or Jira)
· Degree in Management, a related Game Dev field, or the equivalent experience
· Experience with bug tracking and issue reporting
· Good Knowledge of testing methodologies.
· Good Knowledge of testing support applications.
· Self-dependence, good communication skills, ability to quickly adjust to new tasks.
· Ability to work within the team and under pressure.
· Good interpersonal skills to undertake collaborative work with different teams (QC, Production, other departments)
· Strong leadership, coaching and organizational skills with an ability to inspire others;
· At least upper-intermediate English.
· Experience in managing people will be a huge plus.
· Experience in managing a team of testers / QA engineers (plan and schedule their workload and resource needs, evaluate their performance, develop and coach team members);
· Experience in working with project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
· Thorough understanding of SDLC, speciﬁcally QA processes in agile and waterfall development environments
· Experience with API testing.
· Teamwork and Excellent communication skills;
· Willingness to learn and ability to keep up with QA trends and new solutions.
· Passion for software quality
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Self-motivation and good work ethic.
· Able to quickly adapt to changing situations and take on new challenges;
· Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills;
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
· Working well in a team environment;
· Sense of initiative, attention to details.
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Medical / Life insurance
- English / French courses
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. In Ukraine Ubisoft has two studios, Ubisoft Kyiv and Ubisoft Odesa, which focus on strengthening Ubisoft's presence on all platforms, with the main expertise in PC. Ubisoft Kyiv was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest GameDev studios in Ukraine that collaborated on blockbusters like Assassin's Creed®, Far Cry®, Steep®, Watch Dogs®, Trials®, Rainbow Six®, Ghost Recon ® and more. Ubisoft Odesa was opened in March 2018 and takes part in the development of Ubisoft’s world-known franchises.