QA functionality and compliance tester (onsite)
11 days ago
Who We Are:
Abstraction Games is an Independent Game Studio where we do our own games, as well as co-development work and adaptations of other games. We started 13 years ago as 2 people in a garden shed, and now have over 50 people in a newly renovated office just outside of Eindhoven, in the Netherlands.
We encourage an open and collaborative atmosphere. We surround ourselves with incredibly talented people who naturally promote a culture of discovery and innovation.
We are currently working on a new IP that we’re not quite ready to talk about here, but we are really excited about it! Additionally, we also do co-development work. As a small company, you’ll have a chance to work on many different projects.
Some of our previous successes are Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, Baldur’s Gate 3, Surviving Mars, Frostpunk, Hotline Miami 1&2, Broforce, and many more!
Where We Are:
Eindhoven is the tech center of The Netherlands and a thriving international city. It is very modern, progressive, and diverse. Small enough to explore on a bicycle, and large enough to house the technology university, a top-tier football team, and the longest bar and restaurant street in the country.
In this role you'll:
- Hit the ground running, must be able to work independently
- Test applications across multiple platforms (Consoles and PC/Mac/Linux):
- functional testing throughout the product
- is responsible for testing all products to ensure compliance with all platform requirements.
- must have good to excellent knowledge of
- PlayStation 4 & 5 TRCs, Xbox, Nintendo Lotcheck, and Google Stadia Guidelines
- Platform Submission processes
- Report all bugs encountered during testing, and thoroughly investigate reproduction steps and rates
- Bugs must contain all relevant information and are clearly described
- Verify bugs marked as fixed/resolved against newer builds
- Participate in daily stand-ups that involve QA, Developers, clients, and external vendors
- Provide clear and concise critical analysis and feedback when requested
- Behave in an appropriate manner in the workplace (remotely/onsite)
- Work closely with the development teams
- Ensure all company property is used correctly, and report any misuse to the relevant person/s
- Comply with company security policies at all times
Must have skills:
- Have 3+ years of experience in the capacity of QA Tester in the gaming industry
- Have the ability to concisely present complex information via bug reports
- Have excellent attention to detail, maintaining diligence and focus for extended periods of time
- Have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and work to deadlines
- Have the ability to express thoughts and opinions openly and constructively
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Keep the fire burning - Must be able to handle various situations, criticism of QA without reacting in a negative manner
- Have the ability to work productively, collaboratively, and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the company
- Be fluent in English
- Be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication
- Be reliable and punctual
Work location and time zone:
- Working remotely and onsite (post-COVID-19) after the probation period has passed
- Your working hours will be within the European time zone (CET)
Embrace our core values:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Go beyond boundaries
- Use the First Principles Approach.
- Take nothing at face value.
- Define your own path around obstacles.
- Embrace ideas that almost anyone would consider outrageous.
- Perform exceptionally well.
- Strive for symmetry (or intentional dissymmetry), beauty, and polish.
- Craft meticulously. Don’t stop when “it’s good enough…”.
- Move mountains.
- Be nice
- Apply the Most Respectful Interpretation approach with one another.
- Maintain a safe environment for us, our partners, and consumers.
- Be transparent and do not keep up appearances.
- Be candid and call out someone’s mistake but be nice about it. If you haven’t learned how to do this yet, learn it now.
- Be respectful of other people’s time. Be punctual, prepared, and brief.
- Seek hard problems to solve.
- Be better than yesterday.
- Step out of your comfort zone often, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them.
- Fail fast to succeed sooner.
- Challenge each other to keep growing.
- Blame none other but yourself, embrace failure and move on.