2 months ago
Who We Are:
Ghost Story Games is a self-publishing game development studio owned by Take-Two Interactive, located in the greater-Boston area. Our studio designed and released award-winning games, such as System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. We are currently working on our next project and would love for you to be part of our team.
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture and 94 percent of employees say their workplace is great. We are however, dedicated to building our best workplace yet.
Where This Role Is:
This role is based in our studio in the greater-Boston area, but we will consider fully remote or flexible work arrangements, in line with our Flexible Work Policy.
What You’ll Take On:
- Review design specs to create accurate test cases and test plans around features.
- Accurately execute all assigned test cases.
- Provide in-engine unit and integration tests for features and systems.
- Enter detailed but concise bug descriptions into the bug database.
- Regress fixed bugs on each release as needed.
- Provide qualitative assessments on the title’s playability upon request.
- Prioritize workload according to the project’s direction and milestones.
- Reproduce issues for programmers and designers as needed.
- Work closely with other QA members and development team to accomplish goals.
- Coordinate with our external, outsourced, QA team for post-integration testing.
What You Bring:
You put the needs of our players first and help people on your team develop and perform as highly as possible. You exercise good judgment under pressure and are able to navigate effectively in a fast-paced and user-facing environment. You are self-motivated and solve problems creatively and independently.
- 1+ year of QA experience, preferably in a development studio environment.
- Technically proficient with PC and gaming consoles.
- Familiar with Unreal 4.
- Experience with Windows, MS Office products and database software.
- Basic understanding of source control and able to learn new toolsets quickly.
- Understand the benefits and uses of automation.
- Ability to test 3D games repeatedly while listening and looking for bugs.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Able to communicate effectively, in both written and oral forms.
What We Offer You:
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Flexible Hours. We understand that sometimes people need to juggle work and family life, so we have flexible work hours and a support structure.
- The opportunity to work on a creatively ambitious project with a world-class team of developers.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.