19 days ago
We’re Playdead, an independent game company based in the heart of Copenhagen, Denmark. We have made two critically acclaimed titles, LIMBO and INSIDE. Our current project is a 3rd-person science fiction adventure set in a remote corner of the universe.
We are seeking an experienced Tester to join the team at Playdead and provide direct feedback to our internal teams and help them test the overall quality of their work.
The quality of what we release is always at the forefront of what we do and we have built an environment where everyone takes responsibility for their work. We welcome the perspective of others in the pursuit of absolute quality and solve challenges collaboratively.
This position will be a key member of, and enable the success of, our production team and help to ensure that GAME 3 ships in an excellent technical shape.
What will you be doing?
- Actively testing GAME 3 during its development as well as supporting our existing titles LIMBO and INSIDE
- Creating, running and maintaining test cases and test scenarios
- Reporting, assessing and prioritizing bugs as a member of the production team
- Identifying ways to improve our testing process and communicating process improvements with the team
- Collaborating with others outside of the production team as required
What we're looking for
- Prior professional testing experience in the games industry
- Knowledge of grey box, black box, smoke and regression testing
- Excellent communication skills (proactive and clear communication)
- Experience with planning test releases from start to finish as well as self-managing deadlines and time over sprints
- Experience with defect management software
Nice to have
- Prior experience testing for multiple platforms (desktop, console and mobile)
- Knowledge of how to write and execute structured test plans
- You have tested games built using the Unreal Engine
- Understanding of a variety of testing methodologies
- Experience with collaborating with external QA partners - planning and reviewing test execution
This position is based in onsite in Copenhagen, Denmark
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.