17 days ago
Niantic’s QA Team is seeking a QA Tester who will be responsible for coordinating QA feature testing efforts in several Niantic Projects. As a part of the QA Team, you will work closely with our other QA team members, our QA manager, our production and development teams to ensure that we are delivering high-quality experiences to our players. You will be responsible for planning, creating, implementing, and executing testing for core areas of our games.
- Build and manage testing estimates, schedules, timelines, test cases and runs.
- Collaborate with our TPMs to interface with external QA resources and with the development team to track defects during feature development.
- Drive the development and execution of test cases and suites for new features.
- Report project testing efforts to our project leads and production team.
- Work with the QA leadership team on QA process improvements.
- A minimum of 3 years of QA testing experience.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Experience leading, building, and designing test strategies for game and consumer-facing products.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively as part of a team.
- You have one or more years of mobile testing experience.
- You have passion for mobile devices and mobile gaming.
- You have experience writing test automation/scripts.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.