This job might no longer be available.
6 months ago
Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
In the coming years, we have plans to grow across all our studios/locations, in order to achieve this we are looking to hire a QA Tester to join our Madrid studio.
Embedded amongst our development teams, members of our QA teams are responsible for helping to test our games, from inception to release and beyond! You’ll help ensure that our games are of the highest quality possible before we release them to players around the world!
From mobile platforms, through to the current generation of consoles, and new technologies, you'll be working closely with senior team members, and trained in quality assurance techniques to help test games in a variety of different stages of their life cycles.
- Working in conjunction with more Senior QA, you will be primarily responsible for performing functional testing against the game’s features.
- Running and reporting on Test cases and sessions in an efficient and diligent manner
- Performing and tracking Exploratory Test Sessions
- Entering Bugs into the database that are of high quality, ensuring that reproduction steps and logs are correctly documented.
- Having clear and regular communication with your project leads.
- Instruction of more junior team members
- A strong level of spoken, and written English
- At least 1 year of QA testing experience, ideally within video games
- A proven ability for teamwork, strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail, and critical thinking skills
- Strong IT literacy
- A passion for Games! Be able to talk about them for hours!
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
We have a range of benefits at Mediatonic, including private medical care, a healthy pension scheme as well as gym discounts, childcare vouchers and free breakfast.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.