QA Tester (f/m/d)
12 days ago
Who we are :
Klang Games is a Berlin-based game studio whose mission is to create deep and meaningful online experiences that bring people together.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale virtual world that will provide immersive social experiences through gaming.
Caring, Harmony and Innovation are at the core of SEED as well as our core values as a company.
Are you passionate about games and have what it takes to make them? Are you currently working in Quality Assurance, and wish to be part of a truly ambitious project? At Klang you have the chance to prove your skills and help shape an incredibly exciting game from early development. If you have a great eye for detail and are passionate about delivering quality, we’d love to hear from you.
What you will do:
As a QA Tester at Klang, you’ll work directly with the rest of the development team, ensuring SEED is the best game it can be. From reactive testing of features during early prototyping and design, through exploratory testing where you really try to find all the ways to break our game, to final validation of full game builds before they are released, you’ll act as an immutable advocate of quality for your fellow developers and SEED’s players. We’ll teach you how to plan your testing, write bug reports, and how to use Jira and all of our other relevant tools.
- You’ll maintain and contribute to the creation of test plans covering game features from their initial inception until their delivery and beyond
- Together with the QA Director and the rest of the QA Team, you’ll be a champion of QA best practises and for the quality of SEED..
- Embedded into the development team, you’ll work directly with members of all departments
- Monitor and prioritise your teams assigned bugs, advising them on what’s most painful for our players and what should be fixed first
- You’ll monitor several branches simultaneously and assist with deploying the game for other Klangers and SEED’s players
- You have a technical mind, are a natural problem solver and know how to find out what you don’t know already
- You appreciate an open and honest working environment, and your communication skills are up to the task of participating in the same manner
- You have a knack for finding the weak points in a game…
- … and the writing skills to document a bug clearly and precisely.
- You’re excited about learning to use new tools and processes
- You’re passionate about video games in general
- An opportunity to work on a ground breaking project with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily - once we are back at the office
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.