8 days ago
**NOTE: This is a 5-6-month term contract with possibility for extension.**
is to guarantee a seamless experience for the future players of our revolutionary online RPG while working at the forefront of game technology.
Our QA team is a small, experienced group that is directly integrated with the rest of our studio team. As a QA (Game) Tester, you'll have significant autonomy and the opportunity to directly collaborate with many other teams. You’ll be a trusted partner and considered the "subject matter expert" on quality, and you'll provide other developers with guidance and input on the root cause of bugs, and collaborate to find a solution. Ultimately, the work you do will radically improve the player experience!
Areas for Impact
- Testing and re-testing the game to identify and record bugs.
- Triage and investigating bugs based on their impact on the player and project.
- Liaising directly with other teams to resolve bugs and meet quality standards.
- Executing test plans and proactively identifying areas for additional testing based on broader project objectives.
- Improving the QA process where possible, especially in consultation with technical team members on “gotchas” and possible system dependencies.
- Maintaining tactful, respectful, and diplomatic communication with all team members and stakeholders.
We’d like to hear from you
- Avid gamer with experience testing software OR experience testing a game.
- Highly detail-oriented and diligent about managing bugs from investigation to follow-up.
- Strong self-management skills including time management and prioritization.
- Experience with web-based issue tracking software (JIRA, DevTrack, etc.).
- Experience liaising/collaborating across multiple disciplines (developers, QA, players).
- Proactive, with a strong drive to improve processes.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!
This is a full-time contract opportunity. Local candidates preferred.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.