The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Gearbox Software is looking for Quality Assurance Testers to join our fast-paced, flexible QA team. Our expanding software development company needs talented, motivated people who possess strong deductive reasoning, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity. This position will work with QA team to develop, maintain, and execute quality assurance testing procedures. Position may require light lifting; approximately 10-15 lbs. Position requires a certain amount of overtime during certain parts of the development cycles.
- Execute functional tests, verification tests and regression tests
- Document quality assurance practices
- Report, and track bugs in a database
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous game testing
- Well-versed in testing methodologies
- Well-versed in software process methodologies.
- A solid understanding of quality assurance as part of the development process.
- Detail oriented and a problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Bonus Points For:
- Develop and maintain test plans
- Knowledge of current hardware
- Unreal editor knowledge is a plus
The health and safety of our team members is a paramount concern. To help sustain a comfortable environment for all our team members, Gearbox requires anyone working in our headquarters to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This policy requirement also extends to team members attending Gearbox social and studio events offsite.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.